When you uninstall Google Chrome, it stops you from being able to open any links in Outlook and Outlook Express. This is particularly annoying for Outlook and OE users. I've documented the fix below:
Restoring Registry Settings:
1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit in the text box, and then click Ok.
2. Navigate to the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.html
3. Click On the File menu, choose Export.
4. In the Export Registry File dialog box, enter a name for the backup file ending with .reg and click Save.
This will create a backup of the registry key in the My Docs folder.
5. Right click on the (Default) value for the .html key and choose Modify.
6. Change the value from “ChromeHTML” to “htmlfile”
Repeat these same steps for .htm and .shtml keys if they exist. Remember to make them “htmfile” and “shtmlfile”. Also make sure to choose multiple backup names, so they are all backed up.